How To Get Pale Skin
How to Look More Pale Without Makeup
If you’re going for a pale look, makeup is not the only tool that you can use to give yourself a naturally pale appearance. There are several healthy and all-natural ways to brighten your skin and make you look paler without any undesirable side effects. Begin by wearing sunscreen and protecting your skin from the sun to avoid tanning. You can also wear darker colors or even dye your hair darker to play up the contrast between your skin and your hair and clothes. If you want to take it a step further, use all-natural skin masks with ingredients like lemon, honey and milk that have brightening and lightening effects. All skin colors are beautiful, but if you want to emphasize and increase the paleness of your skin, there are several ways you can do so without layering makeup or other products on your skin.
Using Natural Products to Brighten Your Complexion
Apply lemon to your skin.Lemon juice is one of the best-known and most effective lightening and bleaching ingredients. Many use lemon to lighten hair, but it also is effective in lightening the tone of your skin.
- To prepare the lemon juice, squeeze several small lemons into a small bowl. Prepare your skin by washing your face and any other parts of your body that you wish to be paler with a gentle face or body wash. Apply the lemon juice to your face or other parts of your body by brushing on the lemon juice with a large clean brush or by dabbing the mixture on with a paper towel.
- Let the lemon juice sit on your skin for 20 minutes, then wash it off with cool water.
- For an especially effective lightener, keep the lemon juice on overnight and then wash it off in the morning.
Make a tomato mask.Tomato is also a natural lightening agent that has several other health benefits, among which is the reduction of oil production to prevent acne.
- To create a tomato mask, mash a tomato in a large bowl with a potato masher until it is a pulpy liquid, then squeeze the juice of one lemon into the tomato mixture and stir. Wash your face and/or body with a gentle face or body wash and pat them dry. Then use a pastry brush or paper towel to apply a layer of the tomato honey mixture on your skin.
- Wait a few minutes until the layer is dry, then apply another layer of the pulp. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then wash it off with cool water.
- Tomato is a very mild ingredient, so you can use this mask multiple times a week.
Use a milk mask.A milk mask is a very mild and nourishing skin treatment that also can give you a paler skin tone if used several times a week. Before using the mask, clean your face with a gentle cleanser and pat it dry.
- Pat milk on your face as well as any other parts of your body that you want to be paler. Massage the milk into your skin until it dries, then rinse it off with cool water.
- To make this mask more effective, mash potatoes into a paste, either in a food processor or with a potato masher. Then add one part mashed potato to two parts milk and pat the mask into your face.
- Use sugarless milk rather than milk with added sugar.
Apply a honey and cinnamon paste.Honey and cinnamon are two ingredients that are excellent for your skin. Although this paste can be sticky, it gives your skin a healthy and luminous glow by removing dead skin cells and moisturizing.
- To make honey-cinnamon paste, add a teaspoon (4.9 ml) of ground cinnamon to a tablespoon (14.78 ml) of honey and mix. Then spread the paste on your face and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Wash the paste off your face with water, or a gentle face wash if necessary.
- You can also add a pinch of nutmeg, which helps to exfoliate.
Up your intake of Vitamin C.Among its many benefits, Vitamin C helps to brighten your skin and keep it healthy. Vitamin C battles free radicals that can age and darken skin pigmentation, and it also helps to get rid of dead skin cells to expose the lighter and brighter skin cells below.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C include strawberries, tomatoes, cantaloupes, green peas and sweet peppers.
- Getting more Vitamin C every day won’t make as big of an impact on your skin as regularly applying skin masks, but it will make a difference over time and has numerous other health benefits.
Drink enough water.Drinking water helps to flush out your skin to brighten and renew it. It can also rejuvenate your skin after getting a tan so that the pigmented layer of skin fades faster. Aim to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your skin radiant and healthy.
- Don't drink all eight glasses in one sitting. Pace yourself throughout the day.
- If it is a hot day, or if you are working out a lot, you may want to drink more water to replace whatever your body loses during the day.
Protecting and Cleansing Your Skin
Limit your time in the sun.The best way to become paler is also the most intuitive: limiting your time in the sun to protect your skin and avoid tanning. Instead of all together avoiding going outside on sunny days, instead try to spend your time in the shade, or else wear protective clothing like sunglasses and a sunhat if you are going to be in direct sunlight.
- Don’t completely avoid the sun. Sunlight is a vital source of Vitamin D, which has numerous and invaluable health benefits. A good 10-20 minutes in the sun (wearing sunblock) is enough to get your daily dose of Vitamin D.
Wear sunscreen every day.In addition to avoiding direct sunlight, wearing sunscreen is also an essential part of protecting your skin from the sun. Wear at least SPF 30, preferably a formula that contain zinc and titanium dioxide, which directly block both UVA and UVB rays and begin working as soon as you put them on your skin. Since sunscreen is white, it may also you’re your skin look paler, even when it is completely rubbed in.
- Wear sunblock every day on your face and any other parts of your body that will be exposed to the sun. Use water-resistant sunblock if you are going to be swimming.
- While you are in direct sunlight, reapply sunblock every two hours.
- To apply sunblock, use at least a quarter-sized amount on your face and any other exposed parts of your body. Rub the sunblock fully into your skin to ensure that it will work properly.
Wash and exfoliate your skin regularly.Another important way to promote pale and luminous skin is to wash your face in the morning and before bed. Washing your face properly and consistently removes oil and dirt from the surface of your skin, making your complexion lighter and more radiant.
- Try to use a face wash with lemon or Aloe Vera extract, which both have deep cleansing properties.
- Once a week, use an exfoliating face wash along with a textured cloth or a loofa. Gently scrub your skin in circular motions to remove excess dead and dry skin cells from the surface of your skin. Don’t exfoliate more than once a week, as it can be harsh on your skin to over-exfoliate.
- Moisturize your face every time after washing it, making sure to use a sheer moisturizer rather than a tinted moisturizer.
- Apply sunblock after using moisturizer, or use a moisturizing sunblock that is at least SPF 30.
Don’t smoke cigarettes.Not only does smoking have a negative effect on your health, it can also dramatically alter the appearance of your skin. Smoking can cause premature aging of the skin, as well as breakouts and sallowness from a loss of natural “glow.”
- If you are a regular smoker, consider cutting back or quitting entirely.
- Quitting smoking is not easy, but it is doable. It will require lots of time, commitment, and patience.
Wear dark clothing.An easy way to make yourself appear paler is to wear black clothing or other dark colors. Dark clothing creates contrast so that your skin looks lighter by comparison. It’s an easy way to instantly look paler and more dramatic.
- This does not mean that you have to dress up like a goth. You can create a casual appearance by pairing a black shirt with blue jeans.
- You don't have to wear all black. Put the focus on your shirt, as this is where you will have the most skin exposed (neck, arms, face, etc.).
Dye your hair a dark color.If you are willing to dramatically change your appearance, dying your hair a dark brown or black, or even a deep maroon or purple, will make your skin look paler. Because your hair frames your face, a dark hair color provides the perfect backdrop to make your face look paler by comparison.
- If you don't want to dye your hair, consider getting a wig instead. This is great for a temporary look.
- Keep in mind that hair dye is permanent. Even if you use temporary dye, there is a chance that it might stain your hair, especially if it is blonde.
Wear dark contacts.It's well known that wearing black or brown eyeliner helps to emphasize eye and skin contrast, but if you don’t want to wear makeup, wearing colored contacts can also be a good solution. If you have blue eyes, consider wearing brown contact lenses to heighten contrast and make your skin appear paler.
- If you already have to wear contacts, consider getting prescription contacts instead.
- Be sure to practice proper hygiene when wearing contacts. Never leave them in overnight.
QuestionHow can I make myself look sick?Rawr.itz.sammCommunity AnswerYou should add some red/pink eyeshadow around your eyes and nose, and light purple/black to make bags under your eyes.Thanks!
QuestionCan you help me a little more?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFirst off, you should never change yourself for other people. Be hardcore and stand up for yourself. But if you want to make you skin pale because YOU want it, then it's fair. Research has stated when you are nervous or cold, your skin pales. If you don't like that option, here's another one. Baby powder isn't necessarily makeup. Apply a little, and it'll look natural. If you have extremely dark skin, use a watercolor marker which blends in really well with your skin tone and can make it lighter. I recommend Copics. I DON'T recommend your day-to-day markers or Sharpies.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I create a fake rash on my skin?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could try using a mix of red/pink and white makeup to make a splotchy pattern on your skin, but it might look obvious and would easily rub off.Thanks!
QuestionIm already pale, but I don't have enough money for all the stuff to make me more pale. What can I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerStay inside all the time. If you go outside, wear sun block and long sleeves and long pants to avoid tanning.Thanks!
QuestionIs there something I can do that does not involve any ingredients from the kitchen?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could try cooling your skin with a towel soaked in cold water or ice. It makes your skin look cold and pale (kind of sick looking). Also, use concealer to hide red or dark spots on your skin (if you're already pale).Thanks!
- Getting paler skin should be a personal decision. Beauty comes in all colors and forms, so don’t ever feel that you need to change the color of your skin.
- There are numerous natural ingredients that have lightening properties. Aloe Vera, unsweetened yogurt, egg whites and papaya also have been known to brighten the complexion.
Video: How I Get Very Pale Skin + Skincare Routine | Black Friday
How to Write a Lease
Trendy footwear: Spring 2015
Dolly Parton Has the Sweetest Explanation for Why Shes Never Had Children
What to Know About Aging With HIV
The Perfect Veggie Burger
How to Set Up Siri
How to Castrate a Cat
Route 66 Will Play You A Song If You Drive The Right Speed
How to do a pull-up
14 Fruits And Veggies To Always Buy Organic
39 Getting-Ready Wedding Photos Every Bride Should Have
6 fabulous hotel offers for a UK city break
How to Love a Man