Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf | Cooking With TUMS
Heartburn-Friendly Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons grated good-quality Parmesan cheese (not the stuff in a can), a dash of Italian seasoning, and a dash of salt. Mix well.
- Lay 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been patted dry on a plate and coat them with 4 teaspoons olive oil.
- Dredge chicken breasts on both sides in the bread-crumb mixture. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes, or until done.
More about Traditional Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan sounds like a recipe straight out of Italy, doesn't it? Well, despite its name and ingredients—tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese—it actually originated in the United States.
Italian-American communities developed recipes resembling the foods of their homeland. Thus, immigrants from Parma, Italy, came up with this chicken dish. Parmigiana means “in the style of Parma." Today’s idea of Parmesan-esque recipes means something that is breaded and baked, sauced and cheesed.
Despite its stateside history, chicken Parmesan recipes are rooted in Italy. Consider its cousin Melanzana alla Parmigiana, or Eggplant Parmesan. It's a toss-up as to where this dish originated. Most Italian food pundits say it's one of two places—the northern region of Parma or in southern Italy where eggplants grow plentifully.
Video: How To Make Perfectly Baked Chicken Breast | Bone In
Khloé Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Are in A Good Place Right Now, Just FYI
How to Remove an Iodine Stain
Hillary Clinton was the first presidential candidate to do this in her concession speech
Recipe Ideas for Zoats
The 1 Reason to Order White Rice Instead of Brown
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes 21 Ways
Yonoapagolaluz, el hashtag que arrasa en Twitter animándonos a aceptar nuestro cuerpo
She revealed that she loves eating bugs
Blac Chyna Just Got the Prettiest Caramel Brown HairColor
How to Do Your Makeup Like Cece Jones
Dating Tips in Hindi