7-Eleven Hot Food Taste Test
11 Delicious Things You Should be Putting on Toast
Toast doesn't have to be boring. Here are 11 ideas to take your crostini to the next level.
1. Avocado toast.Pit and empty a ripe avocado. Roughly smash the avocado and spread on toast. Cross-hatch with a fork the avocado, top with Maldon Salt, a drizzle of olive oil, and chili flakes.
2. Red pepper & goat cheese toast.Take a whole-milk goat cheese and spread generously over toast. Slice jarred roasted red peppers so that they fit on toast and top with a drizzle of olive oil or truffle oil.
3. Halloumi & sweet potato toast.Roast sweet potatoes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until soft. Puree with a fork and set aside. On a hot non-stick pan, throw thickly sliced halloumi cheese until browned on each side. Top toast with pureed sweet potatoes, a dollop of fresh pesto, and fried cheese.
4. Pomegranate & yogurt toast.Take full fat greek yogurt and spread on toast. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and freshly grated lemon zest on top.
5. Pesto and lemon zest toast.Spread ricotta or a soft white cheese on buttered toast. Add a smear of pesto and freshly grated lemon zest.
6. Mushroom and egg yolk toast.Ditch the egg whites and soft boil an egg for 4 minutes. Peel off the whites and set aside. Sautée mushrooms and parsley in butter until the mushrooms have browned. Top toast that has been lightly brushed with olive oil with mushrooms and a whole egg yolk. Sprinkle salt on top and for a slight added kick, some freshly cracked pepper.
7. Eggs & paprika toast.For an earthy crostini, soft boil eggs for six minutes, or to preference. Stir homemade mayonnaise with sriracha and paprika to taste. Spread on toast and top with sliced eggs and more papkria.
8. Roasted beets and ricotta toast.Wrap in aluminum foil and roast golden and red beets for 40 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or until a knife cleanly goes through them. Set aside. While the beets are cooling take whole milk ricotta and spread your toast with it. Peel and cube your beets tossing them in olive oil and balsamic vinegar with salt and pepper. Top your ricotta toasts with the mixture.
9. Ricotta, honey, & pepper toast.For this super simple toast, spread whole milk ricotta over toast. Top with honey and cracked pepper and you're done!
10. Brie & caramelized onions toast.Caramelize onions with butter and olive oil over medium-low heat for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes allowing the onions to brown but not burn. Remove from heat when you are satisfied with the amount of caramelization. Top crostini with brie and your onions. When you're feeling extra fancy top with a balsamic reduction.
11. Ratatouille toast.This toast works well when you have leftovers. Tomato sauce, ragu, or a delicious ratatouille.
Video: 11 Popular Food Combinations That Damage Your Health
How to Rent a Forklift
6 Mascara Mistakes We All Make — AndShouldn’t
The Truth About Natural Toothpaste
Mouth on Fire
How to Deal With Snobby People
20 Stylish Pink Ombre Hairstyles
How to Assess Heat Illness
Watch How to Apply Foundation the RightWay
7 Forgotten Female Erogenous Zones
Andrew Garfield Is Single-Handedly Reviving This Controversial Menswear Piece
Greatist Workout of the Day: Thursday December 5th
Karmen Pedaru Models Zara Home’s Summer 2019 Swimsuits
How to Bring Color Into Your Home
Cute Braided Hairstyles: Ashley Tisdale Hair